If you’re looking for a job where you have the freedom to be creative and feel comfortable that you can discuss your ideas, Steve Edge Design may just be the place for you. We look for exceptional people who think differently and see beyond the obvious, people who are passionate about creating extraordinary brands, people who love to work hard.
Here at Steve Edge Design we work as a team, as a creative unit, sharing ideas and inspiring each other. We are hard workers who are only content with producing the best. We push the boundaries and are bored of predictability. We like things that are new, exciting and pretty, and people who are nice, smiley, enthusiastic and who know how to have a laugh.
If you like the sound of us and think you have the talent and creative imagination that we’re looking for, please feel free to get in touch.
Keep an eye on this page as we will upload any new roles when they become available. When applying, please email your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Brand Designer
Hours of Work
We are looking for a new senior brand designer to join our busy Shoreditch studio.
Experience & Qualifications
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your experience across a broad range of sectors
- 6-8 years work experience within a branding agency
- Eloquent verbal/written communication & presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and the client
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- A real passion for both print and digital design and a keen eye for emerging technologies.
Junior Digital Designer
Hours of Work
Working in a creative, fun environment, responsibilities include:-
- Being involved from concept to delivery on digital projects working as part of a wider team based in London and Wolverhampton.
- Taking existing flat design concepts and developing a finished set of flat designs across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
- Strong understanding of responsive web design
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Knowledge of Sketch & Zeplin
- A good knowledge of current trends, techniques and best practices
- Excellent design skills, including understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures
A creative graphic designer or junior web designer with a passion for personal development with examples of work essential for discussion.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be self motivated and enjoy working in a fun office environment making valuable contributions
- PC/MAC user
- Good communicator
- Educated to A Level standard or above (in a relevant discipline)
Our studio is located in WV1, Wolverhampton.
Senior Digital Designer
Hours of Work
- Create beautiful and engaging websites and other digital experiences.
- Work with brand strategists and designers to bring brand visions to life.
- Propose a range of creative and innovative conceptual ideas for projects.
- Work independently, using your initiative to take an idea and run with it.
- Present concepts, designs and rationale internally and to clients.
- Take feedback and iterate quickly and effectively.
- Deliver screens, assets and prototypes to a high standard.
- Work with our in house development team at all stages of the project.
- Exceptional visual design skills with a portfolio demonstrating clear design thinking and problem solving.
- Professional experience, ideally within an agency environment.
- Aware of current visual and interactive trends, as well as best practices in digital design.
- Drive to improve and advance our understanding of its potential.
- Experience designing responsive websites across desktop, tablet and mobile sizes.
- Excellent typography and layout skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Great organisational skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise multiple projects.
- Confidence in presenting to clients and stakeholders at a senior level.
- Experience in leading projects and supporting junior team members.
- Experience preparing content matrices for website imagery and managing workflows for site launch.
- High proficiency in Adobe creative suite.
- In-depth knowledge of Sketch & Zeplin
- Additional skills and experience in prototyping using Proto.io or similar tools.
- Appreciation for motion design.
- A collaborative, team-player attitude.
- Excellent time management and team working skills.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS would be a plus.